"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, August 05, 2011

Paris Playlist #3 - Moody


"You are the morning bird who sang me into life, everyday..."
- Morning Bird, Sade (2010)


Ille Saint Louis

There's something magical about an early morning in Paris. Before 8 a.m. seems to be the only time of the day that the bustling city is almost still. The streets are nearly empty, the only movement being mother's walking their children to school, cafe, restaurant and salon de the owners receiving their day's provisions from rickety trucks laden with meat, poultry, fruit and produce fresh from local farms.


Fittingly enough, for Paris anyway, the hustle and bustle of the day begins in the neighborhood cafe. But, even there, movements are languid, gentle, quiet. It's as if there's an communal unspoken agreement to ease our way into the day. A cafe creme, a hunk of bread slathered in fresh butter and jam, Coco sprawled sleeping in my lap, a folded newspaper tucked in next to my camera, my beloved battered journal and fountain pen at the ready.

Paris in the early morning is a precious 'in-between' time, where one can plan and gear up for the day or just dream. It's one of the things I miss the most when I'm states side. Oh, I try to recreate it at home but, although wonderful, it's just not the same. There's nothing quite like strolling with Coco, through the quiet early morning streets, to our favorite outdoor table (just in front of the heater) in our favorite cafe, sipping cafe creme while I journal and watch the city...awake.

Thus, in ode the the Paris morning, I've created this playlist. It's quite a 'moody' compilation and I just love it. I can't wait to again step out into early morning with Coco by my side - except this time I'll have my earphones in ;-) It will be interesting to stroll with this soundtrack strumming in my ear...

1.   Morning Bird - Sade
2.   Goodbye to You (Unplugged Version - Michelle Branch
3.   Grenade (Acoustic) - Bruno Mars
4.   Man in the Mirror (Acoustic) - James Morrison
5.   Hold My Hand - Committed
6.   Chasing Pavements (Live) - ADELE
7.   Wild Horses - The Sundays
8.   Untitled (How Does It Feel?) - D'Angelo
9.   Jealous Guy - Gavin DeGraw
10. Our Lips Are Sealed (Acoustic) - Jane Wiedin
11. Missing You (Acoustic Version) - Tyler Hilton
12. Last Night (Acappella) - Az Yet

*Each song is available on iTunes
**If you'd like, I can burn a copy for you - just let me know.

In the meantime, here's a little taste...




Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...