"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, February 13, 2018

midnight sun...


"...was it a moonlight veil? Or was it a nightingale?
Suddenly the sky turned pale, I could see the midnight sun."
- Lionel Hampton (1947)

This is my favorite time of the night. My babies: healthy, fed, safe, warm - snuggled in their beds.  My beloved husband and ma mere divine, sleeping in theirs. The house is quiet, still. No one needs me; no nurturing I need to do - except to/for myself. My inside and outside worlds in suspended animation - if only for a few scant hours. Leaving room for me to freely breathe. Precious room to create, with my canine partner - Coco - calmly bearing witness. For this, though I've earned and deserve it, I am humbly grateful.

Thank you, Mr. Gorgeous 
Temple

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I am very excited to visit Paris in June. I want to capture what you feel when you visit Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melissa,
    Thank you, my blog is a labor of love. How exciting to be visiting Paris in June - a beautiful time of year. Be sure to visit Bistrot du 7eme (in the 7th) they have a very good, reasonably priced prix fixe menu. Take a Tuk Tuk tour! And go to a soiree (if your interested, I'll cyber-introduce you to the lovely lady who hosts them in her home. If you need any recommendation, let me know. I'd love to see your photos, you send me a few?
    Best - Temple

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...