"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Saturday, February 10, 2018

kisses them so gently...


"Even in winter an isolated patch of snow has a special quality." - Andy Goldsworthy

Last night, my tiny slice of the world had a huge snowstorm. Earlier that day, in anticipation,  my village's schools (and most everything else) closed. Even Mr. G's office, he'd be working from home - snow day! We stocked up on the essentials (including a half case of Champange, bien sur); I planned a special 'Snow Day Menu' (post to come). I'm violently allergic to math and the cold but, late last night, in the thick of the snowstorm, I found myself watching the snow fall, entranced. It was so thick and pretty: crystals glinting in a moonless sky, illuminated by the lone streetlight outside my front window. I couldn't wait for morning to arrive; so I could go out and experience it, on the pond behind and in the fields that surround, my home. Of course I took my cameras with me...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently?" 
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." William Blake



"And the sky is a hazy shade of winter." - the Bangles

The pond, fields, bridge, sky - all covered in a soft deep blanket of untouched snow - was so beautiful, bright, expansive, quiet. The cold, crisp air bracing and welcomed. It looked and felt like time had stopped, if only for a moment. Troubles and cares seemed so far away. Allergic to 'all that's cold-me,' gave way to the majesty of this otherworld moment. I couldn't help it, I didn't want to.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!
Temple


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...