"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, June 20, 2017

love is in the air ~ the DRESS!


"Love is in the air, every sight and every sound." - John Paul Young

Sadly, with the ready availability of inexpensively/mass produced clothes, dressmaking/tailors is increasingly becoming a lost art - for the masses at least. Still, I was determined to get my dress from a small business. And I found it on Etsy, but it was black. I messaged the designer and asked if she'd be willing to make one for me in white, she said no. Since I had already decided to splurge on food, champagne; and my dress; I decided to look for a tailor. My criteria: find someone talented, creative, innovative, and close to home. Imagine my surprise and joy at finding the amazingly talented Kristina Giedra, who lives a mere 5 minute drive from my house!


From the first moment we met - we clicked. I showed her a photo of my dress, she said: "no problem." Her price was so reasonable, I didn't quibble. I chose a lovely understated 'beachy' mid-weight creamy crepe, then she sent me to Joann's Fabrics. I purchased the fabric, then Kristina and I realized that the dress needed a liner. So back to Joann's I went, this time with Mr. G - and that's when the whole script completely flipped...


Sparkle Plenty!

While we were wandering up and down aisles of fabric, looking for liner material, Mr. G picked up a bolt of the most gorgeous sparkly netted-fabric, turned to me and declared: "I like want this one. You should wear Stars." I instantly knew this fabric truly was the one (it drips Boho-Beach Style Parisien); and decided to design the dress myself. We returned the practical crepe - what was I thinking? Shame on me for muting my Diva! - and purchased 2 1/2 yards of this wondrous sparkly netting! I spent a night working on my design, then presented it to Kristina. She loved it and added her own expertise (my Twenty-dress literally flows and sparkles along every line of my body, hides my flaws and makes spectacular my assets) and then there's the rhinestone straps - et voila! 


Just a sneak peak...but of course there's a train. Diva!

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple
Kristina and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...