"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, June 20, 2017

love is in the air


"Love is in the air, everywhere I look around." - John Paul Young


This summer marks Mr. G's and my 20th wedding anniversary - wow, time sure does fly! On our wedding day in 1997, we promised each other that we would renew our vows every decade. We did in 2007 (with our beloved children by our side). Now, seemingly in the blink of an eye, we're approaching another 10 years of love, laughter and adventure - and we gonna to celebrate! 

For years now, we've known exactly where we want to celebrate Twenty - the Gold Coast; and who we want to celebrate with: ma mere divine, our beautiful children, Coco and 20 of our closest family and friends - an intimate, elegant, personal gathering. The theme: Boho-Beach avec Style Parisien. After deciding on the summer date, I asked our priest (who officiated our wedding and 10th renewal ceremonies) to officiate Twenty - he said yes! Second, I reserved the Gold Coast beach house. Third, I found and booked an amazing local photographer. Then the fun really began...


"We believe in celebrations both big and small." - Kate Spade



There are so many moving parts in planning a wedding, after a brief search I decided on this Kate Spade wedding planner ($50). As gorgeous and large as it is, it doesn't have enough folders. So I decided to make my own - using Cavallini file folders, with three gorgeous colorful themes: Paris, Butterflies and Birds (12/$20, Amazon has the largest selection), an adjustable 3 ring hole punch, scissors, and clear packing tape. 

I've got the major pieces in place, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Next there's: finding a caterer (choosing the menu), flowers, the cake, invitations, I'm creating two Paris Playlist(s), and the DRESS. I freely admit that planning to 'marry' my Mr. Gorgeous again has me feeling like an ingenue. I can't wait to share my journey with you. Can you tell how much fun I'm having? ;-} 

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...