"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Paris Playlist #24: Are You Down D D Down?


"Everywhere I look are peoples' hands. Thrown up in the air to help them dance.
Come on baby, catch me if you can. I know you don't have any other plans.
Are you down d d down. d d down. d d down down down?" 
- Marian Hill

In the midst of a cold grey seemingly never ending winter, Mother Nature gifted a reprieve to my tiny slice of the world. A bright blue sky, brilliant sun, balmy breeze, 58 degreed, late January day! You know what my first impulse was - yep, top down baby! On another related note, I've been working on two special Paris Playlists (for Twenty, stay tuned) - digging into my music vault but also always on the hunt for new music. That's how I came upon my latest addition to this Paris Playlist: "Down" by Marian Hill (you may know it as the theme song for Apple's latest ad)...


Stroll

Gorgeous dancing + an intriguing pounding beat = bien sur! This awesome ad easily caught my music/dancer's love attention. But the true test? "Down" pounding from my convertible's speakers,  sweet warm wind ruffling my Nappity Nap, serenading me while driving down country roads, beneath a bright blue sky. "Down" proved to be the perfect soundtrack for this January gift, easily earning a spot on Paris Playlist.


There's no official "Down" video but I found this beautiful dance-version...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!
Temple

First convertible day of 2017 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...