"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Paris Playlist #19 - Jukebox Hero


"You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get down..."
- Last Night A D.J. Saved My Life, Mike Cleveland

Tomorrow night, for the first time in 20 years (I kid you not), Mr. Gorgeous and I are going out on the town for New Year's Eve. And it's all because of our wonderful neighbors. One of the ladies from my GNO group made arrangements with the head chief and owner of a local restaurant for our motley group to ring in the New Year: a reasonably priced all you can eat/drink menu, only a few blocks from our home. So Mr. G is going to put on his Paris finery, I bought a gorgeous brilliant green satin mini from Jane (bien sur) and we're gonna paint the town. But the best part? There's a jukebox! You know how I love to dance ;-}



"I wanna take you away. 
Let's escape into the music, D.J. let it play...
Keep on rockin' to it. Please don't stop the music."
- Rhianna

But, just in case the jukebox's music selections are...lacking, I'm going to create a playlist, bring my iPod and an adapter. Which gets me to thinking: maybe I should clear the furniture out of my dining room and have a dance party myself. Make it an annual event - to usher in the return of the sun, warmth and green growing things. I could call it 'Spring Fling' - hmmmm. In the meantime, for those of you hosting or going to a New Year's Eve bash, I've created a 'ring in 2015' Paris Playlist. Enjoy!

1.  Don't Stop the Music - Rhianna
2.  Dirty Dancer - Enrique Iglesias, Usher, & Little Wayne
3.  Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
4.  Burn - Ellie Goulding
5.  Dancing Queen - ABBA
6.  Get Lucky - Daft Punk, featuring Pharrell Williams
7.  Just Dance - Lady GaGa
8.  Rehab - Amy Winehouse
9.  Policy of Truth - Depeche Mode
10. La La La - Naughty Boy, featuring Sam Smith
11. The Other Side - Jason Derulo
12. Rain On Me - Pitbull, featuring Marc Anthony
13. Scream & Shout - Will I. Am, featuring Britney Spears
14. Let Me Love You - Ne-Yo
15. Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

W/ a few of my GNO ladies & the hubbies (2012)








1 comment:

  1. oh non, ma chérie, pas cette décadence américaine !!!
    Bonne année francophone 2015.

    Catherine sauvage :

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ2QNnUR-U8

    Barbara :

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUE80DTNxK4

    Nougaro

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aBk54wMqjA

    Léo Ferré

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXcUTTLud4

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...