"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Monday, November 18, 2013

43


#43 Rory 'Polamalu' Hills
Bloomingdale Bears
#103 AFC Gold Division
2013 Super Bowl Champions!

"…This is the moment. 
Tonight is the night, we'll fight till it's over. 
So we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us. - Macklemore



I'm known for my Paris photography but I honed my craft photographing my three children - at home, at school, and during their various sports activities. One of the other football mom's asked me to take photos of her son, I sent them to her via Facebook, the head of the league saw them and asked if I'd photograph Rory's entire team. They gave me free reign - on the sidelines, in the locker room. The football field turned out to be better than any classroom: wind, rain, mud, cold, heat, overcast, sunny. On top of all that, the athletes moved at what often seemed to be the speed of light. It was a challenge, a continuous learning process, and I love(d) every second of it.

Eye of the Tiger

This season was extra special. I got to photograph Rory's football team's journey to the Super Bowl. The boys had an undefeated season and post-season (10-0) and handily won the Super Bowl. At the end of every season, I make a photo/slideshow of the season and burn a copy for the league and every player. But since this was an undefeated, Super Bowl winning season I decided to go all out. I made a dvd of the season - set to music the boys chose and an individual dvd of each player set to this individual song. Here's Rory's…


"43" 2013


*I also created an homage to the entire team but, for some unknown and enraging reason, I'm not able to upload it to this post (as soon as I've solved the problem, I'll update this post). In the meantime enjoy.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...