"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Storyteller

Photo: CoteWrites.com

"After nourishment, shelter and companionship,
stories are the thing we need most in the world."
- Philip Pullman

Please forgive me for my spotty blogging. Between working on my next Postcard and my 2nd book (first novel), there is little time left for Pour l'Amour. These last few months my writing has thoroughly taken over my life - and I'm really loving it ;-}




Last month I was invited to sit on a panel hosted by the University of Illinois Chicago's African American Cultural Center and the DuSable Museum of African American History to discuss my book on 19th century African American Women. It was quite an honor and a very exciting night. My entire family was there. It was the first time that my mother or my children saw me speak in an academic forum (my original habitat ;-}


21st Century Bluestockings wear 5" heels - HA!

So for now I'm hunkered down in my writer's treehouse. My muse is upon me so I write all day (while the kids are at school) and all night (while the house is asleep). And let me tell you creating a world, a story and the characters within it is damned hard! But it's joyful work my soul must have. I'm 45,000 words in, have about 15,000 to go - almost there. On Saturday I'm shooting and interviewing my next Postcard To Paris, any day now my latest Postcard is slated to go live, and I have a few Pour l'Amour posts in the works. Ooooh, this is getting good ;-}

P.S. Did I mention that while writing my 1st novel I got the inspiration for my 2nd and am now writing them both simultaneously? Yeah I know - sigh... 

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

With Dr. Carol L. Adams (center)
(President & CEO - DuSable Museum)
and Verna McCrimon (UIC) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...