"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, September 06, 2013

fingers crossed...

Photo: Gers, Gascony, by Adrian Gaut

"[The] wheel never stops turning." - Captain Mal, Firefly

I've barely put my most recent Postcard To Paris to bed but I'm already hard at work on the next one. I'm ready and raring to go. All I've got to do is get my intended interviewee to say oui...



In May 2012, sitting with Mr. Gorgeous in a cafe facing Les Invalides, I was thumbing through the day's International Herald Tribune when I came across an article about a village in the remote French countryside (Gers, Gascony) - where the locals are passionate about food & wine and the farmers are renowned for their tiny pubs and restaurants that serve locally grown and raised produce, poultry, and meat. This enchanting article made me think two things: I've got to wander the French countryside and wouldn't be wonderful if I could find such a place near my stateside home. Well in August, quite by chance, I found one such place.


Oui, I immediately knew 
this place and experience just has to be a Postcard.

To make a long story short, I introduced myself to the owner and asked if she'd agree to me writing a Belle-Postcard about her and her amazing farm/restaurant. She said yes - YAY! Today I contacted her and asked to set up an interview. Since I have not been given the green light, I'm keeping mum on the particulars. I hope she remembers me. I hope her 'yes' still stands and if so, I'm going to have a Postcard-fantastique to share with you. In the meantime, s'il vous plait, send me some good yes-vibes, keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple



2 comments:

  1. I will look forward to reading the postcard! Sounds wonderful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Flora. I'm really excited about this one. It's like nothing I've done before. How was Paris?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...