"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, January 18, 2013

A Brave New World

'Open Book' Beach Bum Chix

"...To explore strange new worlds.
To seek out new life; new civilizations.
To boldly go where no one has gone before."
- Jean Luc Picard, Captain, Starship Enterprise




Hello my lovlies. Forgive me for my spotty posting of late. As always, this time of year is pretty crazy pour moi - but I know you understand ;-} This New Year especially has been a joyous challenge. On my last birthday I blogged about having reached a point in my life where pulling out all of the stops, taking a leap of faith in myself, to follow my dream(s). But I still was not quite able to do it. Self-doubt and finding comfort in my career-status-quo - and, well, you get the idea. It wasn't until Mr. Gorgeous sat me down and told me to follow my dreams, he believes in me, he has my back - yeah he's the most most! So I was resolved. 

At the end of Spring Semester (May 2012) I decided to take a much needed break from teaching. Right around the same time, I sent in an incomplete manuscript I've been working on to a friend. J is a talented successful author and also just happens to own/run one of the most successful e-publishing companies on the planet. I had been working on it alone, for so long, I just wanted her critique - maybe a few pointers...

'Vintage Typewriter' Something Borrowed


When I returned home from work that same day, in my @inbox was a publishing contract offer - okay, um...WOW! If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. So, that's what I've been furiously working on these last few months - all night, every night, and most days too. Understandably my writing has taken time away from Temple Designs and you - so I decided to take a little breather, update you and work on some new jewelry designs. I've  finished and submitted my latest Postcards from Paris feature (it'll drop in a few days - yay!).

These last 6 months have been a wonderful dream. To have the time and space (literally and figuratively) to be able to create 24/7 is a gift that I did not expect to open for many many years. And although I'm stumbling along - finding my way as I go - I am so happy, eager to see what something wonderful awaits beyond the next sunrise. Still, I miss my 'little blog that could' most of all. I'm working on a Paris-centric post, with lots of photos, and hope to post it later tonight. Until then mes amis...

*My novel is as yet uncompleted and unpublished. So I don't want to give any further details - I'm superstitious. Once I'm official, I'll share more - souhaitez moi bonne chance! (wish me luck).

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple
Mr. Gorgeous & I - January 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...