"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Wednesday, August 01, 2012

As I grew older...


"...My hands! My dark hands! Break through the wall! Find my dream! Help me shatter this darkness, to smash this night, to break this shadow into a thousand lights of sun. Into a thousand whirling dreams of sun!"
As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes (1925)

I'm on the brink of making a huge change in my life. And I'm so scared - I'm shaking in my 5 inch stilettos! But on this last birthday, in the early morning, Coco and I took a long walk on the beach. As I listened to the water crash along the shore, felt the warmth of the early morning sun on my face and the grit of wet sand between my toes, I kept thinking: yet another birthday where I'm not living the life I know that I'm supposed to be living. My dream life I now experience only in glimpses, drips and drabs. Yet another birthday where I'm too afraid to take a leap of faith - faith in myself. Well I wait no longer. Time to break through that wall and live my dream. Time to take that leap. I've just got to take my heels off first. Happy birthday to me...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple


1 comment:

  1. tu as quel âge ? mais tu as de la chance ma chérie, tu as des enfants et un beau mari qui t'aime. Tu es très belle, et lui aussi est très beau !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...