"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Sunday, July 29, 2012

If I had my way: the ideal bookstore...

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." - Jerry Seinfeld

Don't get me wrong. I love where I live (and am blessed to do so). But oh how I wish that there was a mom-&-pop bookstore nearby. One I didn't have to drive 10 miles or get on a plane to get to! Sadly, in the United States at least, mom-&-pop bookstores have largely become a relic of the most positive aspects of the past.



And since the economic debacle, even the super large-chain bookstores have gone into recline - with no one but Amazon and online E-Book retailers to fill the gap. 



So, instead of the rant I had originally planned, I've decided to 'build' my ideal bookstore here at Pour l'Amour...

My ideal bookstore would be at the end of a picturesque cobblestoned narrow tree-lined street, lined with quaint shops and boutiques; each building facade festooned with ivy and a glorious kaliedascope of window boxed flowers; only a few blocks from my front door (and of course it's Coco friendly ;-}



And would have simple, succinct sections: Literature (Classics), Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, History, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Mystery, Travel, Biography, Cuisine, Childrens/Teens, Newspapers/Magazines...


My ideal bookstore would be small, quaint; replete with cozy nooks and crannies - perfect for a good curl up & read...






On one side outside, and in one corner inside, there's a little cafe...






Can't you see yourself curled up in an overstuffed chair, sipping a glass of Cabernet, reading? Sigh...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...