"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Sedge of Cranes

"I realized that, if I had to choose,
I would rather have birds than airplanes."
- Charles Lindbergh

For nearly 15 years, there's been a solitary crane - living in the pond that runs along the edge of my backyard. Especially during the summer and fall, I sit in my kitchen and watch my neighbor-crane frolic as I have my first cup of coffee of the day. The other day, I saw that my solitary had become a sedge; a group, a family. They are elegant, languid, magnificant!...completely unexpected.   

There's something profoundly humbling and awe-inspiring about watching these regal creatures go about their day. The world is brighter and, for a few precious moments, the cares of the day fall away... 

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...