"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, September 27, 2012

a French Girl's Convertible Wardrobe - Fall begins...


"One day I'm gonna, though.
You bet your ass, I will have a beret on."
- Mitch Hedberg


Today the weather, in my small piece of the world, was 'convertible glorious' - sunny, crisp, and clear. Fall has begun. Even so, I so love tooling around with my top down, I am still mightily resisting putting my top up until I absolutely have to (i.e. rain, snow and/or frigid temperatures) - my car's kickass heating vents, heated seats, + the windows up = nearly year 'round topless driving - hallellulah!

For this 40something Diva, 'cold-ish' weather convertible driving is very similar to chic 'cold-ish' weather dressing for Fall in Paris - fashionable warm layers. I've put a basket on the floor, behind the driver's seat, and another in my trunk, both stocked with cold weather-Parisian inspired-convertible-keep-warm-essentials. Yeah, you know I've got to share...


Fleece Wrap Jacket Cardigan ($50) - Modern Era Design
Comes in a dozen colors and can be made to order.

This is my everyday driving 'coat': super soft, cozy, comfortable and very light weight. The light weight fleece completely blocks the wind, the body is roomy enough and the sleeves wide enough to easily slip over a bulky sweater - though a thin cashmere crew beneath is all you'll need.


For your convertible's backseat:
Lovely Old French Basket... ($45) - Red Stripe Vintage
cold-ish weather basket.

Besides being gorgeous, a pretty little basket keeps everything needed thing in easy reach:


Draped Shawl Cardigan ($50) Modern Era Design

Made of the same material as the one above, this cardigan's semi-flared body and wide kimono sleeves allows me to slip it over the red one, and the draped front flap can be wrapped like a shawl or a scarf. Oh and it folds up very small.


Knit Cloche ($42) - iveta67
Comes in Black, Creme, and Grey

Love this cloche! Diva-wise it is so Josephine Baker. Practical-wise it keeps my head, ears and neck tres warm (completely eliminates the wind) and is roomy enough to hold my wild Nappy hair without flattening it ;-}


Hand Knitted Gloves ($32) - Unlimited Craftworks


Chunky Knit Throw Blanket ($129) - Laura's Lovely Knits

I keep this cozy throw on the floor behind my passenger seat (or in my trunk). No it's not for me, it's for my children when they sit in the backseat - those seats are not heated :(


For your convertible's trunk:
Vintage French Farm Basket ($49) - DM Design 2012

This basket keeps my trunk clutter free. In it I carry little fleece cardigans, knit caps and gloves for my three (I did this when I had my suv too - ahh motherhood ;-} and my UGGS tucked in beside it, of course.

Yes, Fall is here and it's glorious! Even more so that I now get to experience it with the top down. Still, I'd rather be wearing my cozy cold weather clothes in Paris...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...