"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, November 10, 2011

Photography: End of the Football Season


"The reason women don't play football is because
11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public."
- Phyllis Diller

The football 2011 season ended last week - I won't be back on the job 'til next August. But I wanted to share a few of the photographs I took this season...



Rory has been playing 'little league' football for three years now. From the first day of practice, I knew that being his chauffer and mom-cheerleader presented a singular opportunity - sports photography. Sports photography is quite different from portraiture, travel, still life, etc. It's quite challenging to capture a full range of motion within a single photo. And it's so rewarding when you do!


Rory Hills (#43) Wide Receiver and Quarterback
Roselle Vikings Jr. PeeWees

I started a photograph based Facebook page dedicated to Rory's football team, accessible to the entire team's parents. When the director of the entire league looked at my photos, she asked if I'd be willing to be the league's official photographer - of course I said yes! So, now my Facebook Football page includes all of the players, coaches, parents, fans, and cheerleaders.  



The football 2011 season ended last week - I won't be back on the job 'til next August. But I wanted to share a few of the photographs I took this season...


My creative team





Rory with his football 'brothers.'






Peter's 1st season as assitant coach on Rory's team - Rah Rah!


Rory running for the house - Pick 6, 80+ yards for the touchdown!


Proud Grandmamma looking on ;-)


Check out these adorable cheerleaders
(above and below)


Sage and Never are not particularly intersted in football,
just lots of play in the sunshine 


How cute is this little guy?


Yep - Coco the mascot ;-)





Jr. PeeWee moms




Walking out for the coin toss




Vivre! Rire! Aimer!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...