"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Sunday, July 24, 2011

soi-meme

soi-meme (oneself)

"The self is not something one finds, it is something one creates."
- Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin (1973)

I've been away this last week; went on a journey. I left my trusty T.A.R.D.I.S. at home; opting instead to take the family SUV - loaded with my family ;-) We rent a little beach house for a week in a place that Mr. Gorgeous and I have visited annualy for nearly 30 years - high school, college, newlyweds, and now we bring our children.



Beach Babies - Never, Rory, Sage


We spend most of our days on a private, mostly deserted beach. I cook and prepare lunch and snacks for the day - yeah, there are lots of Margaritas to be had (it is the beach after all). Every day I created our beach living room (and of course, there are flowers)...







 After a day at the beach, we visited our local favorite restaurants. No work, worries or stress, just full-time family time.


Celebrating my Birthday ;-)

But our annual sojourn to the beach has another equally important purpose. I take some precious time to just...be. To clear my head, to plot and plan, to re-charge, to rest - to continue creating myself. And I think that I've found the perfect place for such things.


My tiny personal slice of paradise





Each time I return from our special place, I feel refreshed, re-energized, ready to get back into the fray. Best yet, we are all refreshed, re-energized and an even closer family. We spent the week just being together - no place to be, nothing imperative to do except talk to each other, play together, eat together, be together. Okay, Back to Life...


Soul II Soul
Serious Old School

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!


I'm with Coco!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...