"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, July 15, 2011

Show & Tell Friday: Sistahs

Temple & Rory (1978)

"Sistah, you've been on my mind.
Sistah, we're two of a kind.
Sistah, I'm keeping my eye on you."
- Quincy Jones, The Color Purple (1985)

Today is Rory's birthday. My sister would have been 43 years old. We were born one year and four days apart - Irish twins. She's been gone 17 years now and I miss her every damn day. The pain of her loss, her companionship, her beauty, her naughty sense of humor - heck, I even miss fighting with her (and what wonderfully glorious battles we had!) - well the pain is always there, but feels especially painful on her birthday - we always celebrated our birthdays together. But Rory lives in my heart and memories; I see her in each of my children; and, because Mr. Gorgeous and I named our oldest after her, I get to say her name a thousand times every day. I miss you big-sis...

Vivre! Aimer! Rire!

Temple


2 comments:

  1. Hi Temple,
    Happy birthday to Rory! Thank your for sharing your sistah with us! Stay blessed. Come by and visit us some time.

    Paula, your newest follower.
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paula,

    Thank you. I just took a quick look at your blog -love, love, LOVE! The vintage photos of Sistahs just takes my breath away - magnificant!

    Peace,

    Temple

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...