"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, July 29, 2011

Show & Tell Friday: Quatorze

Saturday 2 August 1997

"Our wedding was many years ago.
The celebration continues to this day."
- Gene Perret

It's so nice to be back. I was away all of last week and I had no internet access - ARGHHH - hence I was not able to post for Show & Tell Friday [frown]. And, all of this week, I've been maneuvering my T.A.R.D.I.S. in and around late 19th century and early 20th century America, interviewing, hanging out and sometimes marching with the foremothers and forefathers of the Labor/Union movement. So I had no idea what I wanted to contribute today. As I was giving the little grey cells a moment to start doing their stuff, my eyes landed on the above photograph, that sits on my desk.

This Tuesday is my 14th wedding anniversary. These past 14 years have been more fantastique than I ever dreamed. And while every day of every year of our marriage has been happily and freely devoted to our family and our...everyday life, 2 August is the one day of the year that is just for us, about us. It's an opportunity to just be a couple in love, taking some time to remember our past, enjoy each other and talk about our future - and that's a very good thing. So, for today's Show & Tell Friday, I offer a photograph of my wedding - one of the best moments, of one of the days of my life.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple



1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful couple. Your dress looks lovely!
    Enjoy,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...