"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Ode to our President...



"I am colored but I offer nothing in the way of extenuating circumstances...But I am not tragically colored. There is no great sorrow dammed up in my soul, nor lurking behind my eyes. I do not mind at all. I do not belong to the sobbing school of Negrohood who hold that nature somehow has given them a lowdown dirty deal...Even in the helter skelter skirmish that is my life, I have seen that the world is to the strong, regardless of a little pigmentation, more or less. No, I do not weep at the world. I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife."
- Zora Neale Hurston, How it Feels to be Colored Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...