"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, March 16, 2017

girl on fire...


"She's just a girl, and she's on fire." - Alicia Keys

This Christmas, Mr. Gorgeous gifted me with the amazing high powered camera I've been drooling over for months (thank you honey!). It's given me a much needed kick of inspiration, I take it with me wherever I go - and always having it in my purse is an inspiration in itself...


"Looks like a girl, but she's a flame." - Alicia Keys

Our daughter - Sage - plays USTA tennis (United States Tennis Association). Unlike shooting Football or Basketball, I am not allowed to stand on the sidelines and photograph the action, and tournament courts are almost always surrounded by a chain link fence or net (too small to fit a lens through). It's a pain, because the lighting is always excellent, the movement and emotion of the game is so utterly gorgeous! Every serve, ball strike, groan, and fist pump literally makes my trigger finger spam - oye! I decided enough of that, time to get creative. - shooting a tennis class, private coach lesson and even asking permission to shoot tournament match warm up. Don't get me wrong. Over the years I've shot Sage playing tennis. But logistical limitations made me stop.
Well Sage's amazing progress, my new camera and Muse say: enough of that! 


"Oh, she's got both feet on the ground. And she's burning it down..." - Alicia Keys


"Everybody stares as she goes by, 'cause they can see the flame that's in her eyes." Alicia Keys

Just got word: Sage is now ranked #168th in the Midwest and #19th in Illinois (our home state)! And this fall our girl will be a Freshman and will play on her high school tennis team as their #1 Varsity player - Woo Hoo! And I've gotten permission from the head coach to photograph the season.



"This girl is on fire!" - Alicia Keys


Ten years of lessons, coaches, trainers, thousands of miles driven, rackets, shoes, flirty skirts, injuries, sweat, tears and hard work - wins, losses, lows, highs. Well, it's finally all coming together. But the best part? Watching our daughter grow into a strong, intelligent, elegant, confident, gorgeous, independent young woman. Damn, there goes my trigger finger, itching...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!
Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...