"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, June 10, 2016

Peonies




"I equate peonies with love because 
they're the first blooms of summer."
- Isaac Mizrahi

During all four seasons, every other Friday or so, I make a special trip to buy flowers for nearly every room in my home (a habit bestowed upon me by ma mère bien-aimée). I have found that, no matter how hard it rains, how heavy the snow falls or how dire one's mood, just a glance of bright colorful petals in one's periphery or even the scantiest soft scent of blooms' aroma lightens one's mood and eases one's soul.

a cozy, calm, relaxing place
      
For obvious reasons, I call my living room 'the White Room.' The amazing all day natural light, bleached whitewashed wood floors, white walls, furniture and piano make it the perfect backdrop to showcase my various art projects and is the ideal place to hold my photo-portrait sessions. The glass and stainless steel table (in the center of the room) is where I indulge my amateur love of flower arranging.  For a few years now, on my personal and Pour l'Amour Facebook pages,  I've posted my Friday Flowers.  I figure it was high time to share them here too. So let us begin with my favorite bloom - Peonies.

Lightening one's mood, easing one's soul

  
Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...