"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, August 23, 2012

Your Daily Reward

"I will write myself into well-being." Nancy Mairs

I have kept a journal since I was 13 years old. Yes, I've kept them all. No, I do not write every day (though sometimes I do) and sometimes I go months without writing a single word (especially since I started writing this blog ;-}. Yes, I hold nothing back when I journal. I tell it all: the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly.

To paraphrase Tristine Rainer, journaling is the only form of writing that grants the writer compelete and total freedom: of expression and honesty. Your journal gives you permission to freely explore your dark, light and medium shades. You don't have to worry about content, form, grammer or punctuation. And since it's private, you are shielded from outside judgement, recrimination(s), and advice. Journaling allows you, literally, to write yourself into well-being. It's probably the truest, simplest way to rid yourself of your agnst and inner bile; an essential daily reward wouldn't you agree?

*Kate's Paperie offers a huge array of every type of journal you'd ever want (most at very reasonable prices, considering that you'll be buying a lot of them). I love (and have been using for years) the Pilot Varsity Disposable Fountain Pen ($25/1 Dozen @ Amazon, $15 less than at Pilot's site) - very Charlotte Bronte ;-}

Day Five: Write yourself into well-being. Start a journal.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...