"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, March 02, 2012

Afin de travailler!


My Mere divine

"I get angry about things and then I go on and work."
- Toni Morrison

After I published my last post, as I sat brewing, my mother came into my office with two mugs of steaming tea. I told her my troubles, told her my dreams and ideas. After I finished, we sat and sipped in silence for awhile. Then she calmly looked at me and quietly said: "get to work." Simple, elegant, direct, supportive and just what I needed - as usual. Afin de travailler! And I know just where to start; so to work!




Cafe Roussillon

I'm putting the finishing touches on my next Belle Inspiration article "Marche aux Puces." It's fitting that this article's theme revolves around a fall afternoon I spent wandering a local Paris flea market. So, for this post, I offer you a Postcard from Paris snapshot ...



There are all sorts, shapes and colors of people displaying everything under the sun, on tables set up beneath white tents; all in a row...


It's expected that you take your sweet time wandering, stop and look, touch, and ask. So many fascinating people to talk to. And with a camera?! So much color, texture and composition. I know that it sound be counter-intuitive, but there is something very quiet, calming, intimate and soothing about moving through a milling crowd.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple














1 comment:

  1. The wisdom of Dorothy - noone says the truth like a Mother!
    Your images aretrès joli, working now...
    à bientôt,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...