"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Au Revoir, Zalman

"Would you please come back by the time I count fifty." - John Grey

Every generation has a few iconic films. Granted the 80s has several. One of my generation's iconic films was/is 9 1/2 Weeks (1986) - written/created by Zalman King. Simply put, the film chronicles an intense, erotic and ultimately destructive love affair that lasts...9 1/2 Weeks. I'm not going to tell you anything more, you've got to see it for yourself.

Mr. King went on to be a brilliant film director, writer and producer - known for his erotic, gorgeous, provocative films. My favorite is Delta of Venus (1995) - set in Paris 1944. Mr. King passed away on Friday, after a 6 year battle with Cancer. He is survived by his wife - Patricia, and their two daughters - Chloe and Gillian. He was only 70 years old. It's the end of an era...

*Please excuse my abrupt post, but my emotions are so mixed that I cannot find the right words. Rest assured I will do this great man justice in a later post. 

Reposer en paix

Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...