"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, December 06, 2011

French Girl's Wardrobe - Holiday Party Girl ;-)

"French Girl's Wardrobe" (5x5 fine art print, $10)

"Create your own visual style...let it be unique for yourself and yet indefinable for others." - Orson Welles

The winter holiday season is in full swing and Mr. Gorgeous and I have a pretty full holiday party schedule. Yep, time to update my French Girl's wardrobe. Of course you know that I have to share the love...





1920s Cloche ($80) - Orizu
I've recently discovered these handmade cloches
- VERY Harlem Renaissance!


Faux Mink Scarf - Tourance (@Amazon $45)

I love fur. And, for me, a mink scarf screams Josephine Baker Paris! But everytime I seriously consider buying one the film Gorky Park pops into my head - sigh. So I've found the next best thing. Tourance swears that their faux mink scarfs are as soft as butter - I'll let you know if they're right.


"Country Weekend Sweater" ($80) - Soft Surroundings

I've got a thing for sweaters and I've had my eye on this one for quite awhile. I'm really feeling that belt!


"Belle" camera bag ($165) Epiphanie



By now you know that I'm pretty Gaga over Epiphanie's camera bags. Well I really need an evening bag version and Belle is my girl - though I can't decide which one I like more: grey or hot pink!


Dior Dior Addict Ultra Gloss - "Little Red Dress"
Amazon, Sephora, etc. ($30)


I'm a loud and proud drugstore cosmetics/beauty counter junky. Since most of the high end cosmetic companies offer nearly identical versions of the same products, at cheaper prices in the drugstores, why pay the ridiculous markup(s)? But, 'tho I've looked high and low, far and wide, I've come to the conclusion that high end lip glosses are the only way to go - the quality, depth of color, and staying power just can't be beat. Thus they're one of my few cosmetic splurges. For evening, or to really up your sexy quotient, Dior's Addict Ultra Gloss line  is luxuriously decadent. Their reds are both truly red and tres glossy.

*For a super sexy French Girl look - wear form fitting black (head to toe), slick your hair into a Sade, brush on about 10 layers of black mascarra, and slick on some red red red super glossy gloss - DIVA!

Happy Holidays ;-)

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

Rocking my French Girl look ;-) 
"Million Dollar Quartet" Apollo Theater (7 Dec 2011)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...