"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Monday, August 22, 2011

French Girl's Wardrobe...


'French girl's wardrobe...' fine art photograph by Lesleysisco

"Style is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. Fashion is something that comes after style." - John Fairchild

As my Paris trip draws nearer, I've been slowly but surely updating my travel wardrobe essentials. I always like to add a few new pieces. After all, Paris is the fashion capital of the world - and a Fantabulous-Forty-Something-SistahDiva's gotta represent! I've recently found two pieces that are so DIVA, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't share the love...




The Cherish Pant, $80 - by Sandmaiden Sleepwear

I've been looking for pants like these for quite awhile. Several years ago, while watching an episode of my beloved Hercule Poirot, Dumb Witness, I found them! One of the main characters was wearing these pants. They were so Daisy Buchannan (The Great Gatsby) - all 1920s Divatude. Well, I've been looking for them ever since, but, no joy (groan). One night I decided to search Etsy.com where I quickly discovered Amanda's Sleepmaiden - et voila!

 
"a long palazzo style pant
with a fold over stretch jersey waistband."

Amanda Boyd's talented fingers and imagination create these fabulous pants. The pattern and cutting are done by her hand(s) and she sews each piece - all in her Seattle basement workshop. The linen she uses for the original design is quite sheer but, upon my request, she found a few yards of a heavy weight pale cream colored linen and made my pair with it. Because Amanda painstakingly makes each piece by hand, there's a 2 week minimum turn-around - but, believe me girls, it's so worth the wait! They're as comfortable as wearing a pair of sweatpants, but oh-so stylish and effortlessly chic. Now if I can only convince her to make me a few more pairs in other colors and with heavy linen...



'The Willow Cardigan,' $95, from Lindell Place



Candice Gaudette's fabulous Etsy-shop is only 5 months old, but her hand-knit wares are so amazing I predict a wonderful future for Lindell Place. My Willow Cardigan could easily take it's place among similar, but uber-high-priced, couture pieces. My Willow Cardigan is beautifully made and is soft, cozy and warm. It's a one of a kind piece but, if you ask, maybe she'll make one just for you. Ask and tell her I sent you...

I'm still selecting what pieces to bring and what pieces to add - ahhh I love the hunt! Ladies, do you have any suggestions of where I should look? What I should get?

And while I'm casting a wide net, I find myself returning to Etsy.com. There's something Paris-Diva-Decadent about having/wearing beautiful, high quality, comfortable and affordable pieces that are handmade. I'll keep you updated...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple





















Wearing my Sleepmaiden palazzos and loving 'em!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...