"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Wednesday, August 24, 2011

For the Love of Paris: What's in a name?


"To breathe Paris preserves the soul."
- Les Miserables, Victor Hugo (1852)




Please excuse my paucity of posting these last few weeks. August is mes plus folles mois ('my craziest month' sounds so much sexier in French, don't you think?). Our household has been a flurry of activity: getting the house and the kids ready for the new school year [their first day was today ;-)] and finishing my prep for the Fall Semester (which begins on Monday) - sigh. But the craziness quotient is especially high this August because I'm putting the finishing touches on my Paris itinerary. I can almost smell the Parisian air...

So, of course, I've had Paris on my mind more often than usual - and I'm loving it! Yesterday I got to spend some quality girlfriend-time with sista Amy (Domestic Observances). It's pretty wonderful to be able to talk about the joys and challenges of blogging with a comrade in arms, face to face. Anyway, at some point while we were discussing the inspiration(s) for and meaning behind the names of our blogs.  
  
Pour L'Amour de Paris, I think, is pretty self explanatory. But lately I've been thinking that the name of this blog is too complicated. I've been thinking of changing the name of my blog to For the Love of Paris. But I'm also open to anything, I just have no idea what else would fit. So I'm asking for help. What do you think of me changing the name of this blog? Do you like For the Love of Paris? Should I just leave it? Or do you have a suggestion?

Getting ready to breath deep,

Temple
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...