"...throw some glitter, make it rain.
Let me see your hands up!"
- Blow, Ke$ha
Imagine: tonight you're in Paris, in a dance club that's floating on the Seine. Sipping champagne before you head back out to the dance floor - sigh. Yes, you will have this experience. In the meantime, create your own Parisian inspired dance club. Clear out the middle of your dining room or living room, line up as many chairs as you can find along the perimeter, set a boom box on a small table in a corner, and scatter candles onto every available surface. Invite 30 of your closest friends and ask them to bring one bottle of champagne per person (or wine, or six-pack, etc) - send a mass @mail: Dancing from 8 'til...? Here are a few starter suggestions for your playlist:
1. Only Girl (in the World) - Rihanna
2. The Mexican - Jelly Bean Benitez
3. Pull Up to the Bumper - Grace Jones
4. Rolling in the Deep - ADELE
5. Misery - Maroon 5
6. No Scrubs - T.L.C.
7. On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez (J.Lo)
8. Keep On Movin' (Big Beat Acapella) - Soul II Soul
9. Closer - Ne-Yo
10. Moody - ESG
11. Milkshake - Kelis
12. Lose Yourself - Eminem
13. The Domanitrix Sleeps Tonight - Domanitrix
14. Blow - Ke$ha
* Every song is available on iTunes
** If you'd like, I'll burn you a cd, just convo me ;-)
In the meantime, here's a little inspiration. Take it away Ms. Jones!
Vivre! Rire! Aimer! Danser!