"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Monday, June 27, 2011

Paris Playlist #1 - Le Jazz



"Lover man, oh where can you be?"
- Lover Man, Jimmy Davis (1941)
In March I introduced you to the wonderful blog - My Little Paris. I pretty much love everything that Fany and her team write about. One of their articles inspired this post - New Year's in Paris Playlist. I really like the idea of creating a special playlist for Paris (or any destination). So, I thought that I'd create my own. Since I love so many different genres of music, one playlist just won't be enough. I think that I'll make my "Paris Playlist(s)" a regular feature in Pour La Amour de Paris - what say you? 



In the meantime I thought that I'd start with Jazz because, I was a Chantuese back in the day...But I feel it's only fair to warn you - Jazz is severely addictive.

1. How Deep is the Ocean - Diana Krall
2. My Funny Valentine - Matt Damon (yes, you read it right. You can only find it on the Great Expectations (1998) movie soundtrack, not on iTunes).
3. J'ai Deux Amours - Madeleine Peyroux (originally recorded by Josephine Baker)
4. Let's Get Lost - Chet Baker
5. Lullaby of Birdland - Sarah Vaughan
6. You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To - Nancy Wilson
7. Besame Mucho - Cesaria Evora (also on the Great Expectations soundtrack, not on iTunes)
8. Te Extrano - Luis Miguel
9. It's a Wonderful World - Irene Krall
10. When Sunny Gets Blue - Barbra Streisand
*Every song, but #2 and #7, are available on iTunes. Take a listen. I'd love to know what you think.

If you'd like for me to burn you a cd just let me know. In the meantime, here's a little something to get you started:


"My Funny Valentine" - Matt Damon (1998)

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!


At a gig in New York (2000).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...