"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, March 01, 2011

For the Love of Travel, an introduction


"So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain


For years now I've been collecting vintage and contemporary travel books and memoirs. I scour the internets to keep abreast of the latest, the most romantic, the most unique. In the process, I've compiled an impressive travel catalogue, that I continuously update. Over the past couple of years, friends have asked me to help them plan their honeymoons, business trips, weekend getaways, etc. It's time consuming, but I love it!

Motherhood and being a professor has curtailed my wandering feet [sigh], but it has also expanded my margins of travel interest. Believe me, traveling with children is an entirely singular aspect of travel. So is traveling with a pet (Coco) and/or an elderly companion (in my case my mother - Dorothy). And teaching classes on World History (to an incredibly diverse student body) has also intimately altered how I view travel and where I want to go.

Thus I've decided to expand my Paris blog to include other places, things, and people, in this wonderful world. I'll post about where to go/when, what and how to pack, hotels, restaurants, shopping, tours, sights, etc. All with an eye toward the unique and romantic (yes you can have a romantic trip with your kids!). Some 'For the Love of Travel posts' will cover my own personal travel experiences (with my photography), others will be about places I'm longing to see. If there's a place, or anything to do with travel, that you'd like me to blog about drop me a line. I look forward to sharing this adventure with you. And so it begins...

Explore! Dream! Discover!

Temple

Temple & Coco - leaving on a jet plane!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...