"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Allure Noir

Vogue Italia Black Allure, February 2011

I was rummaging around my favorite internet blogs when I ran across this story about the February 2011 issue of Vogue Italia. It's named: "Black Allure." The express purpose of this issue is to feature only Black models. They release such an issue every February. I'm guessing that they release this issue in February because it's Black History month in the U.S.  - though I don't think that Italians as a whole celebrate U.S. Black history month, if it's just coincidence it's a good one ;-)

As a Sistah, raising a Sistah, (both of us with natural Diva tendencies) I love it when fashion mags feature Black women (though it's extremely rare). While looking through the issue I could not help but notice that the layouts, fashion, and 'feel' of the entire issue are not only Parisian inspired, they're inspired by Josephine Baker.


Can you see it?


C'est Magnifique!


Vivre, Rire, Aimer!

Temple





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...