"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, January 11, 2019

nouvel an...


"For auld lang syne, my dear..." 
- Robert Burns, 1788


!Bonne Année mes amis!
Wishing you a happy, successful, love-filled 2019 - from my family to yours

2019 is an exciting and important one for my family: ma mere divine (Dorothy) celebrates her 90th birthday (wow!), Mr. Gorgeous and I celebrate our 50th birthdays (gulp), Rory (our eldest) celebrates his 18th birthday, Sage (our BabyGurl) celebrates her Sweet 16th, Never (our youngest) we celebrate every day cause, duh, he's just that fantabulous. And my darling Coco celebrates her lucky 13th birthday, while continuing to watch over us all ;-}


"We'll drink a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne..." 
- Robert Burns, 1788

It's been a few months since I last posted - missed you. It's been too long since I've been able to return to my love - Paris. It's killing me (I long to return to my city)  but family comes first, and I'm living my best life. While this blog is obstensively about all things Paris, I've never wanted to post about Paris without having actually been, or share photos I didn't take. Thus, as I'm sure you've noticed, my blog has by necessity evolved: from chronicling my adventures in Paris, to chronicling my Paris-inspired adventures in my tiny slice of the world. I eagerly look forward to when I can post from Paris again; but in the meantime, I've used some of my time away to think about, plot, scheme and  sketch out an outline for this year's upcoming posts...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the new year."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1. Amour Rouge I'm hard at work on my annual 'last minute' Valentine's Day List. I'm digging deep into my sources but still have not yet come up with this year's theme. As usual, I think inspiration will hit at the last minute - then again, that's the whole point ;-}

2. I've been hired to photograph my first wedding (at the end of March)! Bien sur, I'm a nervous hot mess but I'm also excited to spread my wings. Yeah, you know this is going to be a Postcard to Paris.


3. Speaking of Postcards to Paris, I've nearly finished my next Postcard. Hint: Macrons... 

4. For the Love of Travel: While I'm not yet able to return to Paris, I have been traveling - short hops around the midwest, a wedding in Mexico, frequent adventures in my home town (Chicago). And I have a few of my latest favorite travel 'essentials' I'm going to share.



5. My first and favorite photography 'classroom' is shooting sports. I love the color, movement,  expression and excitement. The cherry on top is that my subjects are my children and their teams. This also neatly coincides with my love of travel. 

6. Paris Playlist. I just realized it's been nearly a year since I last updated my Paris Playlist. Well enough of that! 

So cheers! To adventure, challenge. A new year, new beginnings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I close my eyes to old ends. 
And open my heart to new beginnings." 
- Mandy Hale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!
Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...