"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Saturday, August 19, 2017

to bloom where I'm planted


"Sow your seed, show your worth. Scatter blooms all over the earth.
If the whole world isn't within your reach, tend to the garden beneath your feet.
Bloom where you are planted." - Mulligan Girl

Postcards to Paris is no longer featured on Belle Inspiration. I have no idea why. I received no warning, not even an 'au revoir, so nice to have known you.' But I'm not mad. Belle Inspiration is a wonderful, beautiful publication. I wish them boundless success and a million subscribers. Quite simply, the world is a better place with Belle Inspiration in it - and it will forever be my joy and honor to have been a part of it.  


Where to go from here?



Originally, Postcards was about my adventures in Paris - sent home. Then - my state's side life, financial realities, married to my never ending love of Paris, transformed Postcards from Paris into Postcards to Paris - photographing and writing about state's side people, places and things (in my tiny slice of the world) that evoke the city of lights, the city of love. And, to my surprise, I enjoyed the latter more than the former. Don't get me wrong, it was a girlhood dream come true to travel often to Paris and document the city (and as soon as I get the chance to do it again, I will!) But, to put it baldly, finding adventures in Paris (photographing and writing about them) is not at all difficult to do - it's Paris for goodness-sake! The latter necessitated that I truly live in the moment - be fully aware, pay close attention, let my imagination lead and have my camera with me all the time.




I deliberately kept my Postcard experiences/photography from my blog because Belle Inspiration is subscriber online magazine (doing my bit) and when 'it' ended, I thought Postcards' had ended as well. Moreover, I seriously considered closing this blog (hence my long hiatus). I thought: if I'm not regularly going to Paris and am no longer published in a Paris publication, how can Pour l'amour de Paris be Pour l'amour? And then I remembered why I began this journey in the first place...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paris - She is small, but really very large; simple but in an oh so complicated way; innocently young, but beautifully mature; pristine with a gritty underbelly; high brow, yet revels in the low brow. Instead of denying these intense contradictions, Parisians, indeed the city herself, embrace these contradictions, and invite the world to freely partake and revel in the experience - and we do. Because Paris is so many things, to so many different people, it is impossible to neatly put all that [She] into a box (of any size). But one thing that I think we can all agree upon is...Paris speaks to the best of us [Her] contradictions, breadth, depth, beauty and joy..." 
- Temple Tsenes-Hills, 'Unexpected Details', Postcards from Paris (2012)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


#1 Postcards to Paris: La Vie en Rose


Begin the Beguine...
Paris is more than a place, She is a feeling, a way of living. She is an aesthetic that defies national boundaries, conventional norms and mores. That's how I've always lived my life. Besides, I truly love my quirky little blog that could. Why stop now? So, I have decided to begin again; am happy to continue to bloom where I'm planted. Thus, without further ado, I'm tickled pink to announce that Postcards to Paris is back! Let's start with a Paris-inspired wedding shower in the heart of Chicago... Allon-sy!


Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...