"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Monday, October 31, 2016

all hallows eve...


"...when magic, old magic, sings its heady 
sweet song to anyone who cares to hear it." 
- Carolyn MacCullough

Christmas is my favorite holiday but, as my motherhood has progressed, I am falling more and more in love with Halloween. Its acceptance of the duality of the darkness and light that exists within us all; its embrace of the earth's age old change of seasons. It's a carefree celebration of imagination, fun, revelry and sweets of every size, color and flavor. It's a celebration that invites children of every age to walk house-to-house to receive oohs and ahhs over their costumes and leave with candy and well wishes. 





"I love the spirit of Halloween 
and the energy that comes with it."
- Katherine McPhee

It's been years since Halloween fell on a day I'm teaching. So when I realized that this year, one of my classes did - my students and I decided to celebrate it right..We had a regular class but nearly everyone wore a costume (including me ;-} and a few of them baked treats for us all.



"The farther we've gotten from the 
magic and mystery of our past, the more we need it." 
- Paula Guran

But the best part of this holiday was the trick-o-treaters!


An Eiffel Tower and red Geraniums add a little bit of Paris


Sage - Grrrr, Argggg


My Never and Coco loves

My daughter (Sage) went Trick-o-Treating with her Girl Power Posse early, but my boys stayed and helped me pass out hugs and candy before they left. My oldest (Rory) was especially diligent about ensuring that the candy we gave out had the highest yummy quotient ;-}


Rory - my official quality control - candy taste tester


!Happy Halloween!
Temple




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...