"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, April 16, 2015

the shoes. Honey, the shoes!


"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world."
- Marilyn Monroe

Giving my Diva full and free reign has been a revelatory adventure. Under Jane's patient tutelage (and embracing the maturité that only living can bestow) I have learned to love and showcase my unique assets and camouflage my...problem points ;-} Integral parts of my Diva-tude are being a mother and a professor - I'm always on the run - so my everyday footwear are Chucky T's, ballet flats and funky flat sandals. Stylista-me has clear and definite requirements: fantabuluosity, fierce elegance (with just a touch of trendy) - oui, absolument! fussy/complicated makeup, hair and wardrobe - absolument non

But there's one aspect of the Diva that I absolutely love (always have). It's something I refuse to live without - sky high heels!


Stilettos & Rose Petals

"You put high heels on and you change." - Manolo Blanik

Yes, sky-high heels are impractical - but when did the Diva give a hoot about practicality? Sky-high heels elongate the leg (to truly epic proportions), tantilizingly lift the bust and beautifully push the booty up and out - generating a saucy/sensual sway to said booty in the process.  And yes, sky-high heels were painful...until the glorious invention of 'the platform' and the 'cork wedge. 4+ inches magically transformed into a comfortable 3'! Have your Diva cake and eat it too!



"Lady Peep - Nude" Christian Louboutin

Yes, platform sky-highs are extremely comfortable


"Patent Banded Wedge" - Boston Proper

Granted even though, in my humble opinion, platform sky-highs are superior to any other form of high heel, there is an art of survival to/for wearing them an entire night in comfort: 1. Only wear them to a place where you know you'll be able to sit at will (and, yes, I have no problem in making sure of that when I arrive - remember, diva). 2. Once your feet are under the table (out of sight), take your shoes off and rest your feet for the strut (survival points 1 & 2 don't apply for wedges - they're that comfortable ;-} Summer is just around the corner and I can't wait. 

Wear those heels honey!

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...