"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Saturday, March 07, 2015

a most worthy cause...


"We worry about what a child will become,
yet we forget that he is someone today."
- Stacia Tauscher

Today Mr. Gorgeous and I made a most special delivery. I am so honored that 3 of my photographs (printed on huge canvasses) are going to be auctioned to raise $ for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates - for children). CASA advocates for the best interests of abused children in courtrooms. 

Two of my canvases are of the iconic clocks in the Musee d'Orsay [created by Victor Laloux - when the musee was a railway station (Gare d'Orsay)]. They will be unveiled and auctioned tomorrow night at CASA's annual Children's Champion Auction & Gala. Bien sur, I will have my camera and reporter's notebook with me and I can't wait to tell (and show) you all about it.

Sprinkling a bit of Paris and raising $ for a most worthy cause = une très bonne journée! Stay tuned...

Vivre! Rire! Aimer! 

Temple

With Gloria Bunce,
Executive Director for CASA (Kane County).
How we met and became friends?
Well that's a whole other story!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...