"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, March 13, 2014

Back down memory lane...

Chanteur moi
Chicago, 1998
"I stumbled on this photograph, it kinda made me laugh.
It took me way back, back down memory lane."
- Minnie Riperton, 1979.

I've really been getting into Throwback Thursdays on Facebook. It's been so much fun to dig out and rediscover photos of my children, my mother as a child, Mr. Gorgeous and I in high school…Mom's gotten into the spirit too. The other day she dug into her hidden photo treasure trove and gave me the photos in this post - talk about a walk down memory lane!

Singing was my first love - from the moment my mother took me to the Pump Room and put me on stage (I was 10 years old). Though I had been listening to it literally from birth, in my early teens Mom formerly introduced me to Jazz - when she gave me the cd - Ella in Rome (1958). It was love at first note ;-} In my early 20s I formed a Jazz Trio, took my act on the road and never looked back. With them, many others and solo I performed in Chicago, New York, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Italy and France. I recorded movie soundtracks and sang back up for whomever would hire me. I sang in English, French, Italian and Spanish.


Renaissance Femme

Then, in the fall of 2000 in Paris I parlayed my way onto the stage at Le Bilboquet. After two songs, the owner offered me a permanent gig, asked me to stay. I was going to say yes. I wanted to say yes. But that night Mr. Gorgeous and I learned that our first child was on his way. My choice was made. A life on the road or family? Oui, for me there was only one a choice. I don't regret my decision. But I know that every facet of my current artistic life: my blog, photographyjewelry, and writing are all children of my first love. Still, I cherish those moments. What a wonderful walk down memory lane.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...