"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, March 29, 2013

Beautiful in every single way...

Sage

"You are beautiful, in every single way..."
- Christina Aguilera




Today was the last week day of my fantabulous three's Spring Break. While my gorgeous boys have spent most of it playing with their friends (on XBox and in person) my daughter - Sage - and I have spent most of it together: home spa days, curled up on my bed reading in tandem, Lord of the Rings and Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathons 'til the early morning - so much fun, there are no words ;-} 

For the last two days we've finally had a bit of sunny warm spring weather in my part of the world - so Sage and I decided to spend her last day of Spring Break running errands in my dream-come-true convertible (with the top down, bien sur!) Then Mr. Gorgeous surprised us: he took the entire afternoon off from work to play hooky with us - yay! We all bundled up in warm sweaters and hats (always a beret for my girl, a cloche for me); my convertible's front and back seat heaters on high. The brightly shining sun was so warm - the glorious blue sky and slightly chilled spring wind, with the promise of summer. on our faces. We had lunch at our favorite seafood restaurant (a bit of champagne, root beer and raw oysters), then did a bit of power shopping at the nearby mega-mall. Yeah, it was the perfect day. 

Sage et moi
On a well earned coffee break
at a nearby Starbucks.

But, here's the thing. While Sage and I were standing in line at Starbucks I...saw 'it.' My daughter's shoe size is only one less than mine and she's only a head shorter than I am. Sage is no longer my baby, she's my little girl who's quickly evolving into my young-lady daughter. I am so proud of her and honored that I get to be her mother. Sage is so smart and strong and confident and beautiful and fearless and sweet and fun to be around. Yeah, I want to be just like her when I grow up ;-} Love you baby...   

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...