"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Monday, December 03, 2012

The Fall

Crepe et chocolat chaud - Paris (2000)
 
"That was the moment I fell in love with Paris.
And I felt Paris fall in love with me."
- Paris Je T'Aime
 
Last weekend Mr. Gorgeous and I went to our second favorite state's side restaurant - l'Eiffel Bistrot and Creperie. It was a special occasion - we had officially decided on our return to Paris dates. Every time we begin planning our return, Mr. Gorgeous and I end our first conversation reminiscing about our first official trip to Paris - as a married couple. Each time we plan our next trip, it feels like the first time. And we fall in love - with each other and Paris - all over again...
 
Paris 2000
 
I had been to Paris several times - as a child and a teenager; been there twice with Mr. Gorgeous - when we were dating, with my family. But our 2000 trip was our first as 'adults.' I had dreamed of my return for 5+ years, painstakingly planned it for 1+ year. Of course, when we arrived, the reality was far greater than my wildest dreams. Maybe it's the air, or the food, or the wine, or the champagne, or the beauty of the city, or the feeling of walking through time, or the museums, or the parks, or the music, or the people - yeah, it's all of the above. But it all- PARIS - spoke to the very soul of me. And my beloved lover was right there with me.
 
I don't remember which café it was. It was just a typical neighborhood café.  It was very early in the morning. It was our first full day and we were SO eager to get out into the street that we left our hotel well before breakfast. We were wandering along the Seine (in the 6th), looking for a working ATM. We were in a tiny residential part of the arrondissement - people on their trek to work; there was construction on the entire street. But we were famished and the café was so pretty.
 
We went in, sat down, Peter placed our order in perfect French (I was very impressed). As we sat there - snuggling, kissing, sipping decadent hot chocolate, nibbling on soft buttery sweet crepes...it happened. The moment where & when  I fell in love with Paris and she fell in love with me. Of course I had to have a photo to commemorate the moment, you know me ;-} While I have many wonderful memories of Paris with my Mr. Gorgeous and our little family - and plan to create many more - this moment of first falling in love is the most precious.
 
Now I'm planning my umpteenth return, 13 years later. And the love affair continues...
 
Vivre! Rire! Aimer!
 
Temple
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...