"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, November 01, 2012

Midnight in Paris

"Mine was the twilight and the morning.
Mine was a world of rooftops and love songs."
- Roman Payne
 

 
As is always the case, when there are long lags between trips to my Beloved, I start jonsing something fierce! I love where I live and I love my life here. But there are so many things that I miss about Paris when I'm away: petite dejeuner at my favorite neighborhood cafe, walking arm in arm with ma mere divine as we do the daily grocery shopping along rue Cler, playing in the parks with my children, romantic dinners with Mr. Gorgeous, visiting with our friends, long aimless walks with Coco, photographing the city for myelf and Mimi. The best thing about my 'downtime' at home is that I use it plot and plan what I will do, see and experience when I return. 

My 'Paris inspiration' place to go is My Little Paris. I don't know how they do it but Fany and her team always find the most interesting places to go, the most unusual/original things to do. Her latest article - Midnight in Paris - is about 12 wonderful adventures that await you in Paris, from 9 p.m. to sunrise. Here are my favorite three...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You can not imagine all you can do
in one night in Paris."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Les Trois Mailletz
56 rue Galande, 5e

"...in the basement, it's caberet
'til the end of the night. Oh, Paris!"

Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday used to frequent this postwar jazzy caberet. Now the 1st floor features a pianist, where sing alongs are welcome; a caberet in the basement. Coco and I walk by this place all of the time. Next time, we'll stop in with Mr. Gorgeous.


Le Dalou
30 Place de la Nation, 12e

This little brasserie serves seafood 'til well into Sunday morning. Add a group of friends, Mr. Gorgeous, Coco and champagne and what could be more perfect?

*I borrowed this image from fellow blogger: Cergi Pontin. This is a lovely intriguing site. Yeah, I'll be blogging about it soon.


Sunrise on the Seine

Alright, this one is my favorite. Imagine: you pack a basket - baguette(s), frommage(s), proscuitto, a melange of fruit(s), orange juice and champagne; bundle the family into a taxi and head to the 18th for a leisurely sail on the Seine at sunrise in your own private mini-boat (40E per hour). What is more perfectly Parisian than that?

I'm returning to my Beloved in June, so I figure that now is the perfect time to begin planning in earnest. Planning my return is almost as good as being there - okay not really. But it makes me feel closer to being there and that eases my jones a tiny bit. To read about the 9 other wonderful adventures that await you in Paris from 9 p.m. to sunrise, see here.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...