"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, August 24, 2012

Your Daily Reward

"Fashion accessories are the artifacts of our authenticity...
they are the finishing touches that define us."
- Sarah Ban Breathnach

Every once and a while my girlfriend - S - will call me and say: "Gurl! I need a girlfriend getaway!" A 'girlfriend getaway' always consists of a last minute phone call, a quick meal and/or coffee, and an affordable girlfriend activity (I won't list them all here; I'm saving them for future 'rewards' :-} Finally, they don't last for more than two hours. Well today we had a girlfriend getaway...

One of our favorite things to do is to go to our local shopping mall and wander the jewelry kiosks that line the center hallways. You can get earrings, bracelets, belly rings, etc. for only a few dollars. Inexpensive funky pieces. S and I always try on the most outlandish jewelry and buy one or two really wild ones - never spending more than $15 each. We stroll, arm in arm, laugh, ooh and ahh and have ourselves a grand old time. For those few hours we are two giggling gossiping school girls! I cannot say strongly enough how those few stolen hours, with my sista soothes my soul and brings a smile to my heart. Yeah, a girlfriend getaway always does that ;-}

Day Six: Have a girlfriend getaway

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

S & I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...