"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, August 16, 2012

Your Daily Reward

"Little rewards for everyday...
something to look forward to."
- Persephone Jones

Today in my Facebook newsfeed a girlfriend - J - posted that she was having an especially 'emotionally hard day.' She had ended a 25 year long friendship, a toxic friendship (you know what I mean). While she knows she made the right decision, understandably, she's grieving. It's hard to walk away from a constant in your life, even when that 'constant' has been and always will be toxic. But what I think is even more difficult is putting yourself first - and being ruthless about it!



Of course, J's other friends and I poured out lots of love and encouragement on her. My quip? "A long time ago I did the same thing. It was the best fucking decision I ever made. Don't you feel lighter girlfriend? Now go and get a pedi or something. ;-}" In response to my comment, Persephone suggested that I post a little-personal reward everyday for the next 30 days; kind of like a 21st century Diva affirmation - hence a new Pour l'Amour series is born: Your Daily Reward.

Day One: Go get a pedicure

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...