"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, January 13, 2012

Show & Tell Friday: Resident Artist

"Every child is an artist.
The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
- Pablo Picasso

While this is a new acquisition, it ranks among my most prized personal treasures. For this Show & Tell Friday, I offer an art piece made by our artist-in-residence - Sage.





On Tuesday, when my daughter came in from school, she was carrying her backpack. She never carries it, always wears it; that was my first tip-off that she was up to something. My second was her bright excited smile. "Mommy, have I got a surprise for you!" - yeah, that was my third ;-) She told me to wait in my atelier - no peeking. A few minutes later, she came into the room, with her hands behind her back. "Taa-daahh!" There in her outstretched little hands, was this tiny clay bowl.  

While this is a new acquisition, it ranks among my most prized personal treasures. For this Show & Tell Friday, I offer an art piece made by our artist-in-residence - Sage.


Notice the fine hand drawn black Sharpie embellishment(s)



Sage told me that she made this piece with me especially in mind - to hold my wedding rings and my mother's antique Grecian gold braided-bracelet. I only take them off when I'm working on my Paris inspired bracelets, earrings, and/or sculptures. Sage wanted me to have something "visually stunning" (her words) on my desk to hold them. It was her idea to add the Fleur di Lis & Amour charms, and a few my Francs from my collection - so the bowl would always have something Parisian in it ;-)


Sage's masterpiece is in the lower right corner of this photo.
Sage chose where my bowl should sit on my desk; then 
she took this photo (though her daddy helped a little ;-)


Sage, Jardin des Tuileries (2011)
I can't wait to see what she brings home next.
It's sure to be fantabulous!

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

Me & My Sage (Paris 2010)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...