"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, November 04, 2011

Paris Playlist #5 - Film Soundtracks


"Every city has a sex and an age...Paris, I believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman."
- John Berger

Yesterday I watched a movie I haven't seen in years - one of my favorites of all time: Diva (1981). Set in Paris, Jules (a young postman) is wildly in love with a gorgeous famous opera singer - Cynthia. The only problem is that they've never met. Throw in music pirating, a prostitute, a few corrupt policemen and politicians, a mysterious French gazillionare and his young roller skating Asian lover - all framed by Paris...well you get the idea ;-)






The film's soundtrack is as glorious aurally as the film is visually - I've been listening to it as I was working on a jewelry order. Anyway, I started thinking of my favorite film soundtrack songs. Like my music, the movies I like/love span every genre and era. Of course this is just a tiny fraction, but I think that they're perfect for my latest Paris Playlist...

1.  Anyone Who Had a Heart - Dionne Warwick (Hairspray, 1988)
2.  La Wally - Wilhemenia Fernandez (Diva)
3.  Lose Yourself - Eminem (8 Mile)
4.  Someday I'm Coming Back - Lisa Stansfield (The Bodyguard)
5.  Windmills of Your Mind - Sting (The Thomas Crown Affair)
6.  You Belong to Me - Anita Baker (Why Did I Get Married?)
7.  The Flesh Failures - Cast (Hair)
8.  No Ordinary Love - Sade (Indecent Proposal)
9.  Someday - John Legand (August Rush)
10. Goodbye Horses - Q. Lazzarus (Silence of the Lambs)
11. Out Here On My Own - Irene Cara (Fame)
12. Let It Go - Luba (9 1/2 Weeks)
13. Letters From The Sky - Civil Twilight (I Am Number Four)

All of these songs are available @iTunes. In the meantime, here's a little taste...



Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...