"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We Had A Beautiful Dream...Marie Antoinette


Marie Antoinette - Gold

"We had a beautiful dream and that was all..." - Marie Antoinette

One lovely afternoon Mimi and I had lunch at one of my favorite Paris Restaurants - L'Auberge Bressane. As always, good food, even better champagne, and an amazing companion, encourage, wonderful conversation.

I'm not sure how, but our conversation turned to Marie Antoinette. As we were talking, I began to become inspired but I realized that I knew very little about the Queen. So I put my historian/researcher's hat on. I came across a fascinating blog: Marie Antoinette Online. It's quite comprehensive and, not only has loads of great info, but some gorgeous images too. Alas, I only flipped through the 'pages.' My Diva muse was insistent, she would not be denied...



Marie Antoinette - Silver

Of course, I could not say no to the Diva. I got to work and created these earrings, my ode La Veuve Capet (the widow Capet). They are made from the same large Bamboo tiles I use for my Paris Bracelets. The gold earrings are finished with pale Amber Japanese glass beads; the silver earrings are finished with irridescent Japanese glass beads - both are also available as clip-ons.

Marie Antoinette is the latest edition to my newest Temple Design creation - Grande Earrings. The earrings pictured below are prototypes. The latest versions, too, have gorgeous Japanese glass beading.


Judith - inspired by Gustav Klimt


Homme Bleu (The Blue Man) - inspired by Toulouse Lautrec 
and my sista-girlfriend Denise


Au Repos (At Rest) - inspired by my beloved Ballet

I'd love to know what you think and remember, my blog readers get a special discount. As for me, I find that I'm quite intrigued by Her Majesty. I think that it's time for a T.A.R.D.I.S. run...

Vivre! Aimer! Rire!

Temple

Wearing my creations in Paris
How fabulous is that?!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...