"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Monday, June 13, 2011

Show & Tell Friday: Amies

Tuya, Temple & Amy

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...
It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things
that give value to survival."
C.S. Lewis


Please excuse me for being a few days late with my Show & Tell Friday entry. I had something all picked out but, when I began actually trying to write it, I just wasn't 'feeling' it so I decided to give myself a few days to see what else inspired me...



I'm blessed to have two very dear lady friends who, unfortunately, I don't see as often as I would like. Still, we always make time, find time for each other - and when we do, it's always a special event.

Tableau Dames {Ladies Table}

Our favorite gathering spot is on my driveway. I set up my Ravinia table with a few chairs, a bouquet of flowers from my fledgling garden (today it was fragrant Catnip), iPod, a platter of Hors d'Oeuvres (fruits, cheeses, nuts, hardboiled eggs, crackers and la charcuterie) and, of course, lots of champagne.



We spent a lovely afternoon basking, talking and gossiping; catching up on the latest; sharing our dissapointments, hopes, dreams, and plans - we always do. All the while nibbling and sipping, enjoying the day and enjoying each other. An afternoon with my Ladies calms and soothes my soul in the way only spending time with glorious girlfriends can. Je suis une femme la chance d'avoir de tel amis, oui? Yes, I am a lucky woman to have such friends.


Previous Show & Tell: A La Seconde

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...