"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Monday, April 18, 2011

"I See You" - yet another gift from my children

Leona Lewis - chanteuse extraordinaire

It's funny and wonderful to see the world through your children's eyes...




When I'm in Paris with the family our favorite night 'downtime' activity is hanging out in the family room. I make a huge plate of fruit, cheese and pate; pour Orangina for the kids, wine or champagne for the adults; and we curl up on the couches and watch French television. Of course, with the kids, we primarily watch kid-oriented tv. Well, during our last trip, I made a Sistah-Paris-edition discovery - thanks to my fantabulous three...

Disney Tv/France Logo


When Mr. Gorgeous and I are in Paris with the kids, our nightlife revolves around them - of course we manage to squeeze in a date night or three, it is Paris afterall ;-) But for 'kids' nights' we always hang out in our apartment's family room. And what do we watch - the Disney Channel of course! Let me tell you, European television programming has come a long way baby. Back in the day, you were lucky to get the BBC. Nowadays, you can watch pretty much everything that you'd watch in the states, with a French twist - but I digress.

Because of jet-lag and the fact that we're on vacation, we let the kids stay up later than we'd let them at home. At around 11:30 p.m. Disney programming goes off the air and the station plays music videos 'til the wee hours of the morning (of course the litle ones are off to slumber-never-never-land well before then). Anyway, the music video programming in Paris not only allows us to hear the latest music from the states, but also the latest French music (that's for another post).

 
"Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis


One of the videos really got my attention: Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love." Leona Lewis is a 20-something British singer/songwriter, who got her first big break when she won the t.v. contest X-Factor in 2006 (the X-Factor is the British version of American Idol). This young lady is incredible! Gorgeous, talented, and she can 'sang!!!! And there's nothing cuter than my three jumping around our Paris-apartment singing at the top of their lungs (not knowing all of the words of course - but that's okay, they made up even better lyrics!). By the time the video ended, I was a fan.


"I See You" [Theme from Avatar]


Fast forward 2 weeks - we're back in the States...
My children had been waiting, with baited breath, for the extended-collector's-edition fo Avatar to be released - okay, okay! I was even more excited than the kids [sheepish grin]. We settled into our family room at home to watch the movie - fantastic! Imagine my suprise and delight when the end credits rolled and Leona Lewis was singing the Avatar's theme song: I See You. Her voice is amazing.

This weekend, we had a sci-fi/fantasy movie marathon (beginning Friday night, into Saturdayy - of course after the Bulls won their 1st playoff game! - and ending Sunday night). Our theme was 1sts. We watched the 1st: Star Wars movie (A New Hope), the first Firefly episode, the first Buffy the Vampire Slayer Episode, the first Dark Angel episode, and tonight we ended with Avatar (the first of three, hopefully more). As I listened to Ms. Lewis singing "I See You" I realized that I still didn't have her in my iTunes - well, I'm going to fix that oversight as soon as I'm finished writing this post. I suggest that you do the same. And please tell me what you think - do you like her as much as I do?

It's funny and wonderful to see the world through your children's eyes. So much to discover - see what I mean?

Okay Leona, take us out...


"The First Time, Ever I Saw Your Face"


Vivre! Rire! Aimer!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...