"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, April 29, 2011

Going to the chapel...

2 August 1997

I'm up early watching the wedding of Prince William and Princess Katherine. I wanted to see the dress! Halfway through their vows, mom came downstairs and joined me. We're still watching the spectacle - I'm sure that it will go on all day. A few minutes ago, I looked up, mom handed me a glass of champagne and we toasted the couple, we're still celebrating via champagne ;-) - they look truly happy and in truly in love ;-)

Mom started talking about the day Mr. Gorgeous and I got married, and we're taking a serious walk down memory lane - one of the most amazing days of my life. We got married on a glorious summer afternoon at St. Ita's Church in Chicago - Peter's childhood church and school. We didn't have 1,000 guests at the ceremony, but I was shocked to discover that nearly 400 people came - just to see us exchange our vows. Peter and I were determined to have a small intimate wildly romantic wedding - we only invited 100 people.

St. Ita's Church


The Dewes Mansion - our reception site


The Sweetest Kiss - 2 August 1997, the reception

Our wedding was the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended. The flowers were gorgeous, my dress was gorgeous, the quartet was gorgeous, my man was gorgeous, every moment was gorgeous. It looks like it was the same for William and Katherine. If they find even half the happiness, passion and love I have found, in my marriage to Mr. Gorgeous; if they have a third of the joy of parenthood that Peter and I have with our beloved three - then they will be happy forever. Blessings to them on their new beginning.

Vivre! Rire! Aimer!

Temple

Our 10th wedding anniversary








2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...