"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Sunday, March 27, 2011

For the Love of Travel: "The Soul of Travel"


Louis Vuitton: A Journey (ad campaign, 2008)


"What is a journey?
A journey is not a trip.
It is not a vacation.
It is a process of discovery.
It's a process of self-discovery.
 A journey brings us face to face with ourselves.
A journey shows us not only the world, but how we fit in it.
Does the person create the journey?
Or does the journey create the person?
The journey is life itself.
Where will life take you?"

Yeah, some brilliant ad exec came up with this brilliant advertising campaign for Louis Vuitton; beautifully and unabashedly slickly produced - the perfect combination of The Red Shoe Diaries, Diva-tude and every travel fantasy ever had by anyone in love with such things. In a word breathtaking. The beauty of this ad is, although it's aimed at a particular consumer-group, it speaks to the traveler in all of us. It calls to the desire to explore and discover the world and simultaneously explore and discover oneself. And that's why this commercial will always be a classic and it will be perfectly at home here. Give that ad exec a raise.


" A Process of Self-Discovery"
Acutal LV ad

The inspiration for this post hit yesterday evening as I was preparing to journal. You see the front flap has a pocket, where I keep a few of my treasured momentos: a few photos, my Bucket List, a few sketches I made on my travels, and a few scraps of paper with poems, sayings, quotes, etc. that caught my travelers eye. On one of them I scribbled this ad's script - et voila.

As I was writing this post, I did a little background research (yeah, the historian in me). I learned that the visuals of this ad was produced by Bruno Aveillan - one of France's most distinguished and internationally sought after commericals director (Hmmm). Next, I went to YouTube to find the ad so that I could share it with you.  In the process I found several other clips of Mr. Aveillan's work. So gorgeous! Look for a post dedicated to Mr. Aveillan in Pour L'Amour de Paris, in the next few days. In the meantime, I found the short film. Enjoy...


A Journey, short film

Explore! Dream! Discover!

Temple



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...